My name is Erika Pletcher and I am a junior majoring in Child, Adult and Family Services at Iowa State. This is my first semester at ISU as I transferred from the University of Northern Iowa this fall. I grew up knowing that I wanted to work with kids, but I always thought I wanted to be a teacher. Last spring I did my first level of student teaching and that is when I realized I wanted to work outside of the classroom and in more of an extracurricular/activities setting. I realized that I could still teach kids and young adults without being an actual teacher. My ultimate goal in life is to be a leader to kids and show them all of the opportunities they have. I just started interning with 4-H and I believe this is one of the best places to begin. I hope to learn more about 4-H and the programs they have to offer as I continue my journey. The one quote that I try to live by and I think is very important is “Do what you love and love what you do”.
Welcome to the beginning of the Iowa 4-H Foundation Blog. In hopes to connect former 4-Hers, the Iowa 4-H Foundation is excited to hear stories, how 4-H has impacted your life, and just things you want the Iowa 4-H Program to know. Discussions will be posted every so often, and feel free to bring up any topic or memory you have of 4-H. Keep in mind future contests which may include videos, pictures, and personal 4-H stories. Check out the following other ways you can connect with 4-H online: Facebook ( http://www.facebook.com/ ): Search Iowa 4-H Foundation and be apart of our group as well as our fan page! We will keep events updated here as well as current 4-H news. http://www.iowa4hfoundation.org/ is our website and a great way to donate to the program and find out what is currently going on with 4-H. Visit this address ( http://www.extension.iastate.edu/mt/fordtruck/ ) to see the details of last summers 4-H Truck Raffle. Pictures, videos and blog posts can all be found.
Comments
Post a Comment